RibGrips is a unique product that is over molded 360° onto aluminum handrims. It is not a slip-over grip cover. The ergonomic/responsive latex-free soft rib discs increase performance and decrease fatigue while offering 360 degrees of grip. You can say goodbye to gloves and calluses and hello to a whole new level of mobility. Unlike vinyl or rubber coated handrims, RibGrips can take a strike from a sharp object without the material peeling off. The material is extremely resistant to tearing and separation. The material can be stretched up to 10x the design dimensions and return to original size without wear.
- How long do RibGrips handrims last before I have to replace them?
- During research and development RibGrips users found that their RibGrips handrims lasted from 12-14 months before showing significant signs of wear.
- Further, aggressive users found that even after ribs became worn, the base layer of material provided enhanced braking and propulsion.
- Will I get friction heat burn on my hands from Ribgrips handrims?
- Users may need to get used to applying less grip pressure when slowing and braking. Less contact and grip pressure is required with RibGrips (compared to other pushrims). This is due to the mechanical advantages of Ribgrip's material and rib design.
- Excessive grip pressure may lead to some friction heat due to the inherent “grab-you-back” properties of the material.
- Why are RibGrips handrims wider than the normal rubber coated handrims?
- RibGrips handrim are 1/4 inch wider in diameter than the average rubber coated handrim. This maximizes gripping surface and ergonomic feel while still allowing users to fit through standard sized doorways.
- When will you have other sizes available?
- Our Riv-To-Tab conversion hardware will allow our current 24 inch handrim to be attached to 25 inch tab rims.
- We are currently working on different sizes. We don’t have an exact ETA on when these will be available. Please sign up with our newsletter so you can be notified when these become available.
- How do RibGrips work in wet weather conditions?
- Testing and feedback from customers has concluded that RibGrips work very well in snow and light rain! However, like any coated handrim, RibGrips will be slick if continuously soaked from rain.
- How do I clean my RibGrips Handrims?
- Ribgrips are designed to self clean and resist debris build-up with regular use. Extra cleaning and sterilization may be accomplished as follows:
- Use an alcohol solution to limit microbial proliferation. We recommend using a spray bottle and misting the ribs allowing the solution to get in between the rib discs. Then wipe once clockwise and counter clockwise 360° with a damp cloth.
- Using a soft plastic bristled brush along with liquid soapy water, brush once or twice clockwise and counter clockwise 360°. Allow 1 to 2 minutes to dry.
- 24”/6 Place Mount Hardrim: 5/8” aluminum tub core over molded with a proprietary blend TPE material. 100% Latex free.
- Attachment: 10/32 Rivnuts (attachable to tab style wheels with conversion hardware “Riv-To-Tab”). Also fits 25’ Tab wheels.
- Handrim Measurements: Grip Width = 1.25” - Handrim Diameter = 21.5”
- Handrim Weight: 31 ounces ea.
- Shipping Dimensions & Weight/Set: 22” x 22” x 3” box weighing 6lbs. (Comes in custom RibGrips box)
- Color Options: Hot Pink and Hero Blue